==Penney's talks of buying HeroClothing.com? No offense, but I doubt it, given that there are very few references to the site anywhere.
Proposed move to J.C. Penney
- No, the company is called "J.C. Penney". The "JCPenney" thing is a stylised logo, nothing more. Check the SEC filings -- you'll find none for this fictional "JCPenney" company.--chris.lawson 22:31, 23 October 2005 (UTC)
- Support: yes, Chris is correct. Jonathunder 06:31, 24 October 2005 (UTC)
- Support: for the reasons Chris stated above. -Locke Cole 11:20, 30 October 2005 (UTC)
- Done. Eugene van der Pijll 22:52, 30 October 2005 (UTC)
I don't have the energy right now to rewrite it, but the employees paragraph reads like a sixth-grader's report on the place where his mom works. --Captadam 15:02, 20 November 2006 (UTC)
- Never mind; I just removed it. --Captadam 15:06, 20 November 2006 (UTC)
JCPenney doesn't have stores in all of the states
In the article it says JCPenney has stores in all of the states,that ain't true,Hawaii doesn't have a JCPenney
Founder of JCPenny
There are no references to McManus as a founder of JCPenny anywhere except wikipedia. Chirag 22:19, 27 February 2007 (UTC)
J.C. Penney competition
With Federated merging the MayCo stores into Macy's, J.C. Penney and Macy's are no longer different. Macy's has opened up as just another department store, therefore the section stating J.C. Penney competes below Macy's is incorrect and needs to be rewritten or removed. --Write On 1983 02:34, 4 March 2007 (UTC)
Defacement of "1969-1979" Paragraph
Someone changed the name of the Harlem chain of drugstores to "crack houses" and stated that J.C. Penney sold its Italy stores to the mafia.Mary quite contrary 18:21, 10 March 2007 (UTC)
- Thank you for pointing this out. I have fixed it. In the future, you can correct vandalism like this yourself by using the edit this page tab at the top of the page.—WAvegetarian (talk) 20:32, 11 March 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks; I most definitely will - still learning the ropes. Mary quite contrary 17:18, 12 March 2007 (UTC)
i am severely disappointed that jc penny has no contact us site
Fair use rationale for Image:Jcpenny logoq.gif
Image:Jcpenny logoq.gif is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images uploaded after 4 May, 2006, and lacking such an explanation will be deleted one week after they have been uploaded, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.BetacommandBot 09:25, 5 June 2007 (UTC)