Blackwood railway station, Adelaide
|Distance||18.1 km from Adelaide|
|Bus routes||173 to City|
|Rebuilt||1990s and 2009|
Blackwood station opened in 1883 with the opening of the Adelaide to Aldgate section of the Adelaide-Melbourne line. On 18 June 1928, it became the temporary terminus of the double track section from Eden Hills. On 24 June 1928 it was extended through to Belair. In 1940, a footbridge was added.
Blackwood is one of the busiest stations on the Belair line, and it is the only station on the line to have a bus interchange with connections available with many routes. Also, it and Mitcham are the only stations between Goodwood and Belair to have more than one platform in use to allow services to pass. Blackwood is also the only station where trains mostly use the right platform as opposed to the left. After Blackwood station, between Blackwood and Belair there is no loop to allow more than one train to pass.
Services by platforms
Bus transfers include buses: 173, 195, 196, 605, 893, 894, 894H, G30f.
- Belair timetable Archived 23 January 2015 at the Wayback Machine Adelaide Metro 12 October 2014
- Callaghan, WH (1992). The Overland Railway. Sydney: Australian Railway Historical Society. pp. 124, 241. ISBN 0 909650 29 2.
- Belair Line Renewal Archived 28 January 2015 at the Wayback Machine Department of Planning, Transport & Infrastructure
Media related to Blackwood railway station at Wikimedia Commons